Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Snowshoeing in a Winter Wonderland (Part 1)









Here I'm waving to you guys!






Crossing the frozen steam

{All Photography by Mary Beth Osborn}
So we finally got a good snow, and I decided to take advantage of it and went out snowshoeing in the backyard. It was really a beautiful day, it was cold, the sun was shining, and a thick blanket of snow on the ground. I took out my camera and had a ball. 
I had gotten my snowshoes for christmas years ago, and had only worn them a few times, so I made it my priority to take them out this winter. 
I love snow (if you don't already know), I love the way it sparkles like glitter in the sun, it's softness, I even like driving in it! (I'm crazy, I know)I think winter might be my favorite season, although I adore fall.  

I'll be putting up Part 2 tomorrow, it includes more pictures of my face all cold with my red nose, and more photos from my walk. 

8 comments:

  1. Love the photos - so jealous, we only got a teeny bit and now it is almost all gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well don't stress, all that snow is pretty much gone now, it rained :P

      Delete
  2. Giving you the beautiful to look at, but that's it. This Michigander hates snow and cold! Glad you enjoyed it though. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe but doesn't Michigan get snow? Send it all to me!!! I'll take it off your hands!!!! :D

      Delete
  3. nice. great photos. i, too, love the snow - though i have to drive a few hours before i get to actually see it. i would love to look out the window and see it right there, outside. fresh. just fallen snow. ah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yeah, well maybe by some miracle you'll get some snow? That's awesome you love it though :)

      Delete
  4. These are beautiful pictures. I can appreciate snow like this; it's when it gets all icy and dirty that I don't like it at all. But I do love icicles! Snowshoeing looks like fun. I'm definitely not a skier, but I think I might be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! Skiing is fun, I skied for something like 8 years (since I was eight years old), it's expensive though and my equipment broke a few years ago and I haven't gotten around to buying new stuff, cause it's a lot. But you can rent just once and see if you like it! :)

      Delete