Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sewing a Stocking









Slowly throughout the years my sibling have picked out and bought new, larger, and nicer stockings then the ones we had starting off as kids. It's probably a good thing because when my little sister came along I'm we just handed here a hand-me-down stocking, but this year she found one to replace it with. Leaving me the only kid who hadn't gotten a new stocking. This was mostly because I could never find on that I'd want in the stores, there was always something that turned me off to them (pink, flowers, laces, yes I'm totally a picky tomboy).

So myself, being who I am, came to the conclusion, "Why don't I just make one?!" a few days ago. And so I found some Christmasy fabric in the fabric closet, traced my sister's stocking, and started cutting.Ok there's probably a bunch of ways one could go about sewing a stocking, but for me I kinda just planned out what I wanted and then saw what happened as it went along. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, although I know there's a few mistakes here and there.

So that's what I did yesterday! What Christmas preparations are you up to these few days before Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment